Nature of Business
Certified By: URS Far East Pte Ltd
Other Standard: bizSAFE Level 3
Sales of new Kobelco hydraulic excavators, cranes & attachments. Warranty servicing for new
Kobelco hydraulic excavators, cranes & attachments.
Ricon Pte Ltd was established in June 1971 and incorporated in April 1975. The company has an
authorised capital of S$5.0 million and paid-up capital of S$4.0 million, with a 25% local
shareholding and 75% by Kobelco Construction Machinery Ltd.
Ricon's head office and workshop is situated at Tuas with a total area of 5700 sqm. It also has
a town spare parts office to cater to the Central and Eastern sectors.
Its activities are mainly concentrated on the sales of new and used construction and industrial
equipment, spare parts, repairs and providing after-sales services.
Ricon is the sole distributor for the following products:
• KOBELCO - Hydraulic excavators, crawler cranes, rough terrain cranes
• NEW HOLLAND - Wheel loaders, backhoe loaders, skid loaders
• NPK - Hydraulic breakers, sheet pilers, jaw crushers
• TAETS - Hydraulic pile breakers
• JEC - Hydraulic breakers, plate compactors
• GENESIS - Scrap shears
• DYNASET - Hydraulic magnet generators
• LOADWISE - Safe load indicators
• MITSUI SEIKI - Stationary air compressors
• MILLER - Quick hitch coupler
• PROLEC - Excavator safeload indicator
Besides new products, Ricon also imports quality second-hand equipment from Japan. These are
then reconditioned to customer's requirements.
In 1998, Ricon was awarded the ISO 9002 for sales and after-sales services for the new KOBELCO
products. In 1999, it was awarded the Approved Crane Contractor's certificate for erection,
dismantling and repairs of mobile cranes.